Thanks to Vance for flagging the editorial mistake by China Daily. This is the "cleanest April" in 9 years.
Blue Skies are Shining on Beijingers ! says China Daily
The city experienced 23 blue sky days in April, 2009 (a blue sky day = day with API less than 100).
Question: Why is this the cleanest month in 9 years,
August 2008, 30 days with average API of 56;
September, 2008, 29 days with average API of 56;
August 2006, 30 days with average API of 74;
and April 2009, 23 days with average API of 84?
See statistical Beijing Air Pollution Index (API) analysis @ Room with a View
- Air Quality Monitoring in Asia
- Air Quality Index in Urban Centers
- Environmental assessment of Beijing 2008 Olympic Games (UNEP)
- Dust Storms, Fires, and Haze Pollution in Asia
- Particulate Pollution in Asia
- Articles on air pollution and climate on "China Dialogue"
- More new cars are registered in 2009 in Beijing, China
- Transport Emissions Inventory for China
- Photo Diary of Air Pollution in Beijing
- Sensing air quality in Beijing (Interactive Maps)
- Beijing still hazy !!
- Air pollution in Beijing