The Mint, March 31st, 2010
New Delhi, India
Link to details on the system architecture.
India’s capital, which will host the Commonwealth Games in October, isn’t just getting a fresh coat of paint, several overpasses, hotels and roads, and assorted sports infrastructure towards this.
And so, New Delhi will become the first city in the country to be able to provide, 48 hours in advance, a pollution forecast, much like a weather forecast.
“They ordered three million cars off the roads and shut down industries to meet the standard,” she said, adding that New Delhi should have a similar plan.
- Monitoring what we want to manage and mapping urban air pollution in Delhi
- Air Quality Index (AQI) examples across the world cities
- Urban passenger travel statistics in India
- Photochemistry of air pollution in Delhi
- Why ban autorickshaws in Delhi?
- How to Estimate Transport Modal Shares Using Minimum Information - Case Study of Delhi
- Air pollution and health benefits of metro system in Delhi
- Air pollution in Delhi
- Beijing to Delhi - Traffic problems highlighted
- Need to push for public transport in India